Followers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

True love of Gopikas



One day Krishna is lying on bed and complaining of a headache. Narada comes and asks Him what is wrong. When Narada learns about the Lords problem, he feels something must be done and asks Krishna what he could do. Then Krishna says, Narada, you are a great devotee. I must put on my head the dust from the feet of the devotee alone to be cured immediately. Will you give some dust? Oh Krishna, what are you saying? I cant do that, replied Narada. Then Krishna told him to go and find some devotees, who are ready to give some dust from their feet.

Narada goes in search and finds the Gopikas who are ready to do that. So he brings the dust from the feet of the Gopikas and the moment Krishna puts them on His head, His head ache is gone. Then Krishna says to Narada, You saw Me in pain but were not willing to give the dust from under your feet. But if I had done that, I will go to hell, replied Narada. Krishna then said, "That is the difference between you and the Gopikas. They are ready to go to hell; all they want is My welfare. I love the devotees who think only of Me and not of one's self."


No comments: