Followers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thought for the Day

Food is the primary requisite for life. One cannot live without food. Hence life has been described as Annamaya (composed of food). But one is not content to live on food alone. The mind is not satisfied if the stomach is full. Although food is essential for the body, the mind craves for Ananda (bliss). Life can find fulfilment only if Ananda is experienced. Hence, you cannot rest content with merely being alive. You have to be active and ever on the move. In the process one has to ask oneself the questions, ‘Why am I restless? Why am I active? What do I do to engage myself in actions? Why am I performing these actions? How am I doing them?’ It is when one enquires into these matters, can the true purpose and meaning of actions be realised. This enquiry has to be conducted in the proper way. Once you come to the conclusion that a certain action is right, you should then do it with earnestness.

Bagavan Sri Sri Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments: