Followers

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thought for the Day

Arjuna entered the battlefield, fully equipped and fanatically determined to destroy his enemies. But, when he stood on the battlefield in the chariot driven by Lord Krishna, he saw 'my teachers’, 'my grandfather’, 'my kinsmen’ and 'my cousins'. He was moved so much by this sense of ‘I’ and ‘mine’ that he discarded the bow and desired to return, poor and beaten. The ‘I’ has really nothing to do with earthly possessions, but being deluded he identified himself with earthly relationships. This is the moha (delusion) from which he was saved, through the Bhagavad Gita. Be unmoved by duality; that is the lesson. Let not defeat or success affect your inner calm. See yourself as your Self, unrelated to others or to the objective world. When you know your true Self, you are liberated: that is Moksha.

Bagavan Sri Sri Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments: