Followers

Friday, December 13, 2019

Thought for the Day

When Dharmaja lost his vast empire to his enemies and had to live in caves amongst the Himalayan ranges with his consort Draupadi, she asked him one day, “Lord! You are undoubtedly the foremost amongst those who follow the path of righteousness (dharma) unwaveringly; why did such a terrible calamity happen to you?” She was stricken with sorrow. Dharmaja replied, “Draupadi! Do not grieve. Look at this Himalayan range. How magnificent and glorious it is! How beautiful and sublime! It is so splendid a phenomenon that I love it endlessly. The embodiment of this sublime beauty is God. Mountains need not grant me anything, but I just love them and their Creator for their beauty. I do not wish for any favour, nor will pray for any boon. The highest reward for my love is His love, Droupadi! Let Him keep me where He loves to keep me.” Thus Dharmaja explained that love must be divine, spontaneous and must be practiced accordingly!

Bagavan Sri Sri Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments: