Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

You are waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, and lead a divine life!

Be simple and sincere. It is sheer waste of money to burden the pictures and idols in the shrines and altars of your homes with a weight of garlands, and to parade costly utensils, vessels and offerings, to show off your devotion. This is deception; it demeans Divinity, imputing to it the desire for pomp and publicity. To shower grace, I ask only for purity of heart. Do not calculate distance between you and Me; do not interpose the formalities of the Guru-Sishya (preceptor-disciple) relationship, or even the altitudinal distinctions of the God-Devotee relationship, between you and Me. I am neither Guru nor God; I am You; You are I - this is the Truth. There is no distinction. That which appears so is the delusion. You are waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, and lead a divine life!

Bagavan Sri Sri Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments: